Friday 28 March 2008

A bad case of the Loons

It's an accident waiting to happen. The max you can reasonably survive on as a wage bill is around £250k a day. That's if your a top team and have Premiership status. So a fifteen man squad thats average of £16k a man.

It's simple logic either you can have a very strong £16k a man team or a superstar on £50k and others on a lot less. Ok so that's with a top team. The Jakswans are not a top team, a three star rep and top 150 team, a Premiership team. My budget is a max of £12k per player or a superstar at maybe £30k.

Ok I choose youth, I know that over the next few game years I'm not going to be top 50 and expect a slow build up. The Youth policy costs so my budget is £10k max and a larger squad with maybe a star on £20k.

A decent CB, not world class but lots of potential with a Wage Demand of £12k goes today for.... guess.... £15k? £20k? £35k?

Ohh no, remember the madness has started, FIFTY THOUSAND POUNDS A DAY. Ohh well, you think, if a Man Utd or Arsenal want to pay that... ohh no this club is below me in the rankings!

Insua left back 18 Years old not fantastic stats but clearly going to be a top Left Back. I would say worth £8k a day, he's young could play first team football now and be worth a lot in years to come so maybe £12, maybe £18, ohhhh no £25k a day. To a club that's ranked 250!

Now you might think that it's sour grapes that good players cost so much. Well I've got my eyes out for a few so I'm not worried :)

Case in point Amarel, like a rock Defensive Midfielder started bringing him in as a sub for Rios in the last ten mins of a game. Eventually you've got to face what your seeing with your own eyes. A 22 Yr Old on £2,500k a day is simply better then the 26 Yr Old on £9k a day.

I make no bones about it I'm concerned about my two Centre Backs, their both 30.

I got offered a Centre Back which looked ok £250k he said he wanted. I offered £250k then he says well £500k would be better. Yeah right I'm sure £5 million would be better but your not getting it.

'Look he's got a 7.06 average rating playing for one of the top teams in the Gameworld!' he claims. I start to go cold at this point, a bit of time, a bit of digging...
Check him out, ok he's not a footballer he's strong, good in the air can tackle and not a slouch. He's young as well, the killer though this 7.04 rating is not for a top team but for a bottom one.

He contract was up with bids starting at £2.5k a day, I thought I'll never get this guy for that. Did I, ohhh yes, didn't cost £250k either but £85k. As a precaution I bought three like this, a bit over the top you say? Nah, £50k is over the top, three experiments ain't.

My other most pressing problem is at left back. I have looked and looked and the best value I can get is at £8k a day. There was one I was interested in but he went for £28k a day, duh.

Meanwhile we are now a heady Top 80 in the world rankings, I don't know how. We are hard to beat I guess but I keep looking at other teams with their £40k a day stars and think we're going to get creamed.

If you are not yet in the Beta I'll give you a piece of advice don't ever pay what someone asks. Heck if you get in the same gameworld I'll happily give you some ideas on players.

1 comment:

mitze90 said...

Exactly right, theres no need to pay these huge prices, take the other day someone asked in Market Place that they had 300k to buy a striker, so i sent them a link to a awesome targetman striker who was a free agent on... 3k wages and valued at 25k haha. People are ust to lazy to look.

I havent bought any players off people people in private auction, and i just plod on when im on a bad run, cos games improve players stats, everyones a winner!