Wednesday 12 March 2008

A Tactical Flux


Currently don't have a starting position for Learnado Lima, normally Attacking Midfielder on 12k a day. He's such a frustrating player can waltz past defenders as if their not there and miss consistently from six yards out!

He's also a bit lightweight, he'll improve (only 21) so think I'll hang on to him. He's a fantastic sub anyway.

Well the tactical plan now is flamboyant (the game called us this the other day) out and out wingers Dano & Ely the big man Purovic with Lima up front (this Lima, can actually hit the net sometimes which helps).

It looks a bit odd the formation but both the Defensive midfielders move up a fair bit and the wingers move in, so in reality it's a variation on 4-4-2. Does it work?

Well when I find out I'll let you know, sometimes it's like my players just can't be arsed and then they turn on a show. Take last night... I play a game against a team ranked in the top 200 and lose 5-0 at home! The I play Mitz90's rather scary outfit the Mitsubishi Warriers and win 3-2 away. Man for man they have stronger team and in fairness we lost 1-0 at home but a top 50 ranked team by some margin and we really give them a game.

I can always bring Klate and Learnado off the bench and just move back to a 4-4-2 diamond. As I've stated before you can't just do a tactic and expect it too work all the time but I think to be competitive you need to have a number of tactics that you can jump to with minimal faffing about.

Si rather annoyingly have buggered about twice with player values, there are a large number of unattached players that at any time you can sign on a 1 Day trial, if you like you put in a bid and pay an acquisition fee. A few weeks back they put them all up (about 150%) and clearly I then didn't have the funds to put together a scary first team so I thought I'd put a U21 squad together and at least have some strength in depth.

I personally don't see the game coming out for some time so I expect the gameworld to last at least six months so my 21 Yr Old could be 27 then and worth a fortune. Anyway rightly or wrongly that's what I did but now of course I could have added a few major talents, grrrr. Not only that but say Ely who was a £170k acquisition is now only likely to be worth that in five years time anyway.

The results, most of the games are just mini tournaments the main event is the leagues so here are my recent results.



Played a couple of games unlucky for me Rahn, Gado and Dano were all banned for the game at Pollock Utd. We had a few chances but in fairness Pollock were no pushover and were good money for their win.

We were coasting against Heysham (who are a very good team) and 3-0 up and I didn't notice any tactical change but rather that his 'star' Lua Lua decided he'd quite like to make an impression. It made for a rather nail biting last ten minutes as I watched in horror as Lua Lua just seemed to having a jolly decent day in the park and enjoying skipping through my defence as if they had just taken some rather heavy drugs.

Anyway as it stands NFA Q3 (first season you have Qualifying Leagues I'm assuming a top six postion would be Premier League status next term), looks like this.



The P/Pts on the end I assume stands for 'projected points' which puts me top pro-rata, as you can see just over two points per game. In the real world this is normally promotion material but not title winning material and it proves that all teams played so far have taken points of each other.

Personally I think the Jakswans will be in the 'play off zone' and for the big games will do well but will drop points everywhere else. I'd be happy with getting in the Premier League for next season after which I expect to be down the bottom in a relegation scrap (there are some top players in the NFA).

Finally after a blinding run of about 17 wins in twenty games we were courting the Top 100 (115th ish) however I've now gone five games without a win so I expect a return to 150th ish in tonights midnight update.

No comments: