Saturday 22 March 2008

Bargains



Why Managers are paying hundreds of thousands for transfers I really don't know. For the same money you could take three or four gambles and see if they pay off.

With the one day trial system it's made all the easier. Anyway we're now filling up with a physical side and lone man up front Eren wasn't the player for the job, he didn't have stamina for a start I wanted someone who could play and run and run and run... Lima is only 23 and it's two years too early not quite good enough.... Wendell, only 19 and more of a Micheal Owen type player, Bedi Buval, again 22 fantastic stats and scoring goals but out on loan for rest of season...

He had to be strong and not a total mug and an eye for goal. I've trialled a lot of players over the last few days and honestly was about to write this guy off.

With about an hour to go before his trial ended I thought I'd give him a run in a few games. It was only then that I noticed that his morale was poor. Naturally I hadn't yet seen the player at his best.

The biggest question was what was he like under pressure and did he know where the goal was. One Man of the Match game later and the decision was made.

Now he may not pan out but this is a £35k risk and with those physical stats he's always going to be sellable.

As another example I look at trials due to end today, Boya six Goals six games, Ochoa 11 games 8 goals, and so on. If your quick and in the same gameworld as me then there are some tips for you!

I'm drawing a line now unless a real superstar turns up I've got depth to Senior / U21 / U17 squads, ok I've got no superstars but I'm doing ok and financially I'm doing great.

If just three or four of the young players come good then the Youth policy will have paid off.

No comments: