Friday 7 March 2008

The Start of the Season


As things stand this will be the team that plays. However I've done a lot of speculating in the transfer market. I had a young James Vaughan all lined up but was starting to have second thoughts at the bid I put in.

£25k a day way too high. Luckily someone bid more, I lost out on a another decent striker, again I wasn't convinced.

Tomorrow night I'll find how many players I'd have obtained as I have a lot of bids in. Since the start Klate and Gilaney on the wings have been good finds at around £5k a day. Mostto is decent he doesn't do much wrong but he doesn't spark the game either.

Rios is dependable and was a big investment at £9k, Lima is awesome when he's on form but dire when not. Tomorrow I'm hoping it'll look only a little different.

Although I'm coming off a bad run I've just beaten a top 50 player 3-0, won away 5-1 and you can see that we have a real threat. Mostly the purchases will be on the subs bench to give me options when things are not going well.

I don't know how it started but every single player in my squad went to low morale and it was a horror show, ten games without a win before scraping a 1-0. With the season about to start I'm seeing big names being picked up for the first time and I think you have two choices:-
  1. Put together a squad without much threat but generally solid and have a superstar
  2. Have some strength in depth. My maximum wage is £12k a day, I've seen £50k a day on some teams.
We'll see how it works out I guess.

No comments: