Thursday 13 March 2008

Shopping Plan

Having just secured Pablo (a truly delicious signing :) ) on just over £9k a day, to a man now all my players apart from one one would be capable of playing Premier League football.

Pablo plays DM, DR, DC and CM, he was ideal, not only being young (23) being a great all rounder, good value, and playing in the position I was weak on. The icing on the cake was his ability to play CM making it extremely easy for me to change the focus of the side when I need to put pressure on by just moving him up from DM to CM. I'd been wringing my hands thinking should I risk going that much overdrawn to get him at £450k, yesterday's decline in Acquisition prices saw his price go down to £250k and it was a no brainer.

I have one more weakness in the squad now in Torres at Left Defence, he's not a bad player but does get out his depth when going up against a classy winger.

The squad is really young my oldest player Rios is 26 apart from Rahn who is c. 29. So I need an old head in the there somewhere.

With the collapse of players prices it's well within my grasp to secure someone but my wage bill would start getting out of control. I've got Learndo Lima on the bench for most games and at £12k a day it's a luxury I can't afford.

Given current prices I see no point in selling him and think I'd be best advised to look for a loan. The overdraft in the bank is a long way from being a problem but things are not going to improve unless I make cuts.

For the rest of the season then I'll have an eye out for youngsters as cover / U21 team and wait until next season to find a superstar to play alongside the big man.

No comments: