Tuesday 25 March 2008

Thats why we're top the League


Wow NFAQ3 looks like it could be turning into a two horse race between us and Ipplepen. With a fixture pile up I had several games in hand and thought I could stretch my lead. Sadly a little bit inconsistent.

It all started great with three wins on the bounce as I recall Leeds was two late goals and although slight concern for the last few minutes we were generally good value for our three goal lead. Naturally a really ding dong game had to be in there somewhere and we grabbed the points in a seven goal thriller with Saigon Utd.

Mini Marsdens were the first little blip, early goal for us but they did look dangerous. It could have gone either way but they grabbed an equaliser and on balance deserved a point.

Against Zincke it was blumin annoying we were two goals down in 10mins and they are bottom of the table. After throwing everything at them and clawing it back to 2-1 (20+ shots on goal easy) they caught us on the break to make it 3-1.

Although we easily deserved the win after being two goals down twice I was happy with 3-3 and a point.

Two solid wins followed and finally a trip to Blue Jays. Although Blue Jays have been inconsistent their still a good team and I was happy with a point on their manor.

So we've a four point gap now with about six games to go. There are some hard fixtures coming up but I've not go to face (as I recall) anyone higher ranked than me.

With my current squad securing Premiership status would be a big result. I suppose it's not unreasonale to think of Titles and a £1million top prize. We shall take each game as it comes otherwise I'd be sick as parrott and not over the moon :) Honestly would be shocked to us win this would be pleased with Premier League and delighted with runners up.

Although the Youths have been riding high in the World Top 10 and have secured several minor trophies it was quite nice to finish runners up in NFA U21.

No comments: