Thursday 3 April 2008

Just another Update

Boya Boya BOOOYYYYAAA when he gets the ball he scores a goal BOOOYYYYAAA

Cost per day £2.5 a day, lol. I tried to sell him as Wendell is scoring goals for fun in the U21's so I thought I'd give him a run in the first team. Most interest I got was 'I want someone I've heard of.' Good grief he's £2.5k a day.

However now I've gone and done it. Actually I almost did go over the top. I've been wanting a more dynamic player on the left wing for some time and I thought the time had come to secure a big name.

Well the silly season is in full swing with prices on players (it's already started to cool) and I thought I'd try to grab a U21 High Profile player.

Turan Arda name came up and whilst I do like a bit of pace in that position the skills were fairly plain to see. The few clubs that had come in were well respected names and a pretty good judge and I did watch a few highlights and decided it was time cough up the cash.

Now bear in mind this is against a backdrop of players with any sort of rep going for £60k easy and even over £90k is not unheard of. This players wage demand was £18k.

I had managed to talk myself out of anything beyond double the wage demand but just nudged it up as much as I dare. £33k. I knew when I did it this was too much but it was only about £5k - £8k too much. At 21 he was always going to be a appreciating asset anyway so there you go.

Stuck him on for an U21 game and put him in AMC role 1st minute slotted an inch perfect through ball for Wendell. Since he's be doing well but I fancy the team may need juggling. A Manager came in for Rios and plonked £200k on the table, I said I'd accept £300k, he walked.

I put Rios on transfer and the realised how much he was missed. He's a very safe player (has a special move 'Plays short Simple Pass's'), quite mature at 26, strong, fairly quick and rarely does anything wrong. Really for a DM this is perfect, Pablo is a bit more dynamic and really needs to play further forward.

Prior to the start of the reason I think I'll try getting Pablo, Rios, Ely and Arda into the team. I'm playing a slightly odd; flat back four, DM, MC with two wingers. I call it 'upside down Christmas Tree'. :)

I think without serious pace Arda is wasted on the wing so not his ideal position but I think I'll pop him into the MC role. Ely is strong with both feet so and easy switch to the left side for him and Pablo can play on the right.

We've got the Jakswans Championship games to get through, all these teams are top 250 so some tough games. After a few of those we should know.

Good: It's confirmed that we are now a NFA Premiership club.
Bad: had young DM Petrov pinched off me in a wage auction (I bid £3k and the guy took him at something like £7k, now he's quite a decent player only 20 and a good prospect, but honestly for £7k you can grab a youngster who's on the borders of being sensational.

Finally isn't it odd how perceptions change... I had been fiddling with my tactics (Arda's best position is left wing yet he's right footed, switch wings and he's great) and I thought gah I can't get the right. Yet I looked back at my results and actually it's not too bad. Playing offside trap against Dundee was a bad mistake, I then drew 1-1 away from home with them.

I have since I joined this beta never settled on two strikers and the Dundee manager said to me 'look get a striker who's fast, can jump and can finish'. Derd's and Wendell have been doing wonders at U21 and I though right, that's it stick with them. The thing is with Youth it's not about results but development so I don't continually bugger around with strikers so over the next few days it's Wendell and Derds.

No comments: