Wednesday 19 March 2008

Bye Bye Lima

Chris Nash, manager of the 'Greatest Team in the World' has been nagging me for some time to flog Learndo Lima.

Although Lima will be a great player (quite capable of going past Six players and scoring wonderful goals) his lack of strength and inability to put basic chances away frustrates me.

If he was a winger I'd keep him but he isn't and I need an attacking midfield to win the ball now and again. Sousa does that and £4k a day cheaper and £80k Aq Fee and scores not only wonderful goals but takes the simple chances well.

So, £450k compared to £80k, £8k to £12k and a different player style of player but same ability wise. The only big downside is Lima is 21 compared to Sousa's 28. Lima will improve, be a superstar and worth a lot, so I negotiated a 35% profit share on any future sale.

I've been looking for a young understudy for Sousa though and I'm struggling to find one better than Montero a 16 Yr Old £300 odd a day guy.

I don't know what to make of the transfer market it's a bit 'off' in my opinion. Other teams field a player for a few days and charge three or four times their Aq Fee and seem to easily get it. Clearly if you insert any player into a winning team he's going to be performing well and getting good ratings. Surely the secret is to find players that are getting ratings above their team.... I look through the free agents and see players that on the transfer market will easily command treble their Aq Fee's I don't really understand why other managers seem ignorant of these players.

At first I was off an opinion that this was some sort of cheat and although it seems a bit cheap if you ask me this player 'farming' seems too lucrative to ignore. Perhaps others managers view 'free agents' like they would in the real world, i.e. not very good but if that is the case they clearly don't understand the game mechanics at all.

I've been testing the market to see what I could get for Purovic and no one's biting yet, he's got the record and the stats to command at least 1/2 million and with many many strikers on my books I'm fairly sure I'll find a winning combination in there.

No comments: