Sunday 23 March 2008

Rambling On

Well with the servers being down I thought I just as well ramble on for a bit. Had an conversation with a fellow manager last night and he was speculating that the GW would end come end of beta.

This is all pure speculation on my part and I'm probably doing a 2+2 = 5 so...

I rather doubt the GW's would end as I think the game seems to me to be pretty much done apart from how a GW looks after 5/10/15 Game Years. The oldest GW will have started with a different game engine so I think the biggest test yet to be done is how GW develops. It would be SI's interests to keep GW's going so if any tweaks need to be made then they have advance warning.

The other part of the test that I think SI need to do is deal with a current big issue, lag. Everything works it's just that things just start to grind in GW6 once there are a hundred plus managers online.

I know their moving servers Tuesday and have high hopes for the problem to be solved but this is currently a Beta so you do have issue's with one log in wonders.

I'd have thought they would want the roll out come full release to be slow and I'm fully expecting for SI to ask for around £4.99 Per Month and Twelve months up front. I mean if it was £4.99 a month with no long term commitment then you'd have
  • Too many users that they could cope with.
  • One Log In wonders. However, if the game lags with 120 users even with the move to servers they need to test 500 users for an extended period.

There is one big feature I'd like to see and that is to allow a Manager to hand over his club to another Manager (not my idea originally saw it on forum). I played lots of different CM/FM games and I enjoyed taking a non-league team to a higher level, managing a high profile team or returning the glory days to a club. After a while it became 'job done' and you'd want to start again or move on. You could limit it so that only the original Manager could change the team name. This would add a lot of longevity to the game.

This would allow to bring in new Managers mid season if someone has gone AWOL.I think to do this though you'd need to deepen the pyramid structure. A new club starts with £100k a day and an established club with three stars pulls in £180k. I guess they can't really do this on a new Gameworld so again a reason to keep GW's going.

I thought I'd just as well update a little on the ole' Jakswans. Yesterday we did manage to grab two Top 100 scalps away from home so that should have had a nice effect to my ranking. I'm aware that we've turned into a very boring team now (both these results were 1-0) and I think I've got a Mourinho style of play. It's sad in a way as I never really thought I'd do that but being hard to beat is what came top of the list of priorities after being involved in too many 4-3 defeats :)

I have in my mind a routine for developing youngsters that revolves around U21 / subs bench / cover for first team at ages 18-21, out on loan 21-23 and finally first team football at 24-29. I've got a few youngsters though that I'm sure will bugger that plan up. One is 16 Yr Old Montero I think his name is, who by the looks of it could be first team in just a couple of years. He's already made his Senior debut. although not hugely impressive he didn't really look out of his depth. Old saying 'if he's good enough he's old enough'.

I did plan to add a little bit more depth to U17 squad and did chuck in a speculative bid for another senior forward.

With that in mind think I'll put Lima out on Loan, he's got good all round stats, high rep, low wage, at least approaching 0.5 goals per game. He's an awesome second striker but playing with one up front I don't need a second striker. At 23 in a year or two he'll be the man.

Just found out Boba is mine, great, now I have Wendell on bench for when I need pace and Boba when I need a big front man and Ogbanna to start. Mind the servers are down again with some form of reboot taking place so what I saw might not be true :(

No comments: