Sunday 9 March 2008

Start of the Season


How I lied... I signed up Dano and he has a tendency to move into the channels. This combined with good technical ability means he's a nightmare to pick up and has the skill to lay it off.

The bad morale thing meant I had to take some action. Lima is 21 so I decided to field him in some U21 games and a solid run which has left us ranked 14th in Youth improved his morale.

Also I've been much more selective about who I play and when. Slowly things have improved... The league games I have to admit to being a sad git and scout the opposition first.

I'll go through this in more detail... first though future plans for the squad. I suspect Camara who can also play DM is much better in that position, although Rios is very capable Camara offers more. Hopefully a non ranked compo will kick off soon so I can give him an extended run in this position. Should he do the job then I will look to offload Rios (shouldn't be a problem as he's well worth the money) and pick another quality defender.

Moya is the only player I've really 'gone for', his Wage Demand as I recall was around £7k and another side were interested. He is a great goalie and I knew securing him would be worth 20 goals a season. I think I bid over £12k a day and good job cos I got him at £10,001 a day.

To the games...


I looked at Perth and even with low morale I felt we had enough to win. It was tight and we had chances but there you go. Ninja I had looked at and noticed he liked to play lots of men up front, he's got a decent squad so I thought I'd sacrifice Purovic and bring on another Lima (pacey striker) play counter attack, drop the line defensive line back and hope we'd catch em on the break. Worked a treat.

Haysham have a really strong squad and play a similar style the tactic worked! We had the better of the game but had the strikers had a little more composure up front it would have been 2-1 at least. That's football though, it was quite funny though he was nagging me to play the game constantly and I haven't seen much of him since.

Reefer had a few big names in their squad but I felt man for man we'd be the better team so Purovic came on for this one. One man or two men don't make a team you need quality throughout and we destroyed them. How cunning was my plan to have cover that despite Purovic getting injured in the first minute in the away game that my cheap cover Mustoe came on an bagged two of the goals. Purovic is big lump and great in the air.

The return for Perth, well I just felt they were not as good as us and with home advantage well, they don't play anything special (4-4-2 as I recall) so I just picked the best 11 and let the game go.

I'm so glad that I missed on some of the big money transfers now, we have strength in depth and I think a top half finish in the NFA Q3 is well within our grasp.

Although I'm overdrawn I've a million pound transfer budget so I could now just sit back and wait until I have chance to move some players so can cast my eye over some Centre Backs.

Despite Purovic having been A1 his morale has remained low I can't wait to see this guy when he's playing well.

1 comment:

dannylfc_live said...

Nice Blog Jak it looks like you are in GW 6 as well I will keep an eye out for you, it would be good to have a Friendly sometime

dannylfc_live FC Kennington