Monday 17 March 2008

More Tactical Pondering

Just when you think I will not touch tactics again you find yourself 2-0 down and wondering what the....

First of all I thought ok play offside and push up that's all very well but if you play against a couple of sexy passers in the back four your left with them waiting and pinging long accurate balls and are gonna get caught.

That's why I took Sousa off and brought Rios on, and played with three up front, not only push up / play offside but close them down! No space, no time, to be breaking offside trap. Everything was going through the middle.

I know this formation looks odd but of course with us both playing offside it's a very small area of the pitch your playing in. Jemaa who I took off on the left was knackered anyway. By the time I had thought of all this and spot him playing off side we were 3-0 down...




No comments: