Friday 21 March 2008

Just another day

Still brining in the trialists but none are really making me think that their better than what I've already got. I could be a git and sign them and take part in a bit of player farming but it's not really what I'm about.

My weakest area is up front Eren is only 20 and he can do it all, pace, air, strength, finish, but he lacks experiance. He's not the icing on the cake I seek :)

I've managed to give the squad a bit more depth signing a couple of utility players. I'm keeping my eye for a players at the back not so much for this season but next as two of them will be into their 30's.

I do have a good few youngsters coming through but it'll be a season too early for them I think.

Currently playing a strange 4-4-1-1 formation, the stamina and strength of the team results in the opposition becoming simply exhausted coping with the raw power of the squad.

To that end Iveagh Utd was an interesting game. I got AI rights and possibly rushed into the game. How did we get two nil down I have no idea but it happens.

At that stage their manager logs in and is naturally delighted at the score. Only to have to watch as my team pound away and eventually get level. Jemaa then goes off injured and I have to bring Klate on, bang, 3-2.

In the 90th minute they get a Pen and I was just about to type 'great game thought we had done enough' and Moya saves it... Then we have a drab 0-0 away at Pompey. Gah :(

I must say we do look good for securing a place in the NFA Premiership. It would make sense that I think I would use that money to bring in a big name at the start of next season.

On that note of the big names only Kaka and Messi are left of the big names as free agents. You can expect to be paying £45k - £60k a day for this standard of player with an Aq Fee of c. £1/2 Million. I actually could afford this and get the bank to ok it but I'd be on the breadline then.

Looking at many teams who have this sort of player they often are left scraping by wishing they could strengthen their team and no means to do it.

No comments: