Sunday 16 March 2008

Balls in the Air

There is one team I seem to have constantly lost to Chessington Villa. This is an extreme example of his formation but generally he put numbers up front.

I don't think the match engine works quite as realistically as it should but in this game after looking at the line up and being 1-0 down I'd put my balls in the air and take my own advice.

I pushed the defensive line up as far as up as it would go and played off side. Now like I said I normally lose 3-0 to this team and we did put them under a lot of pressure and got it back to 1-1. Stupid DC got sent off then so lost.

I think the tactics that would work best against this would be, not tight marking, zonal marking, push up, play off side and I know this is going to sound bonkers but soft tackling.

The soft tackling part is very much a theory but I thought I'd try it. When his team are attacking he has situations where it's 4v4 if one of my Defenders commits to a tackle and fails we're done, goal down, now if they don't commit and only commit when the ball is there to be won then there is less risk....

It's a theory I'll try it out....(you'll probably see me here later whining about how I lost ten games on the trot)

No comments: