Tuesday 4 March 2008

Chasing the Dream

Whoop I've got one and a bit stars on my reputation and my income per day is upto just £117,000. What this does is allow me to secure the services of a couple of fresh face's. Previous income was £100,000 and my wage bill was around £86,000.

Thing is now I've got a real dilemma, Owain Tudor Jones isn't what I'm after as a Defensive Midfielder and I know I need a replacement. I lack some serious firepower up front, my wingers are not the threat they should be and if I was going to spend some really serious cash a top class Goalkeeper would be money well spent. So I need.

RM - Right Midfield
LM - Left Midfield
ST - Striker
DM - Defensive Midfielder
GK - Goalie

Then I've got a £20,000 budget for five players, consider my top striker Purovic costs £12,000 a day it's pretty clear I'm not going to be getting five £12k a day players. I think with the games I play I could assume that I'll always get around £120,000 a day especially when the season starts.


If you look at Purovic he gets a goal at least every other game and that's not bad for a striker, but he'll bag a hat trick and then you won't see him for three of four games. Although I think he's a little inconsistent I still don't think I'm getting the best out of him.

I've signed five players on one day loans recently and there is no doubt with a bit of quality alongside him he's much improved. As you can see he's a strong, good in the air foward and he's got to the have the right balls in. My wingers are not providing him with the right quality so this will be next priority.

I think I'll have to hold off for the others, if I can pick a decent striker for cheap must not get tempted....

No comments: