Friday 14 March 2008

Good Grief - Must stop buying strikers



I don't even know how he came up on a my radar, I was looking for a young Defender at the time. Anyway that height, that fast, that finishing? Aggressive, determined....

I almost forgot I trialled him so chucked him on for a few U21 games. Well... I've had a LARGE chunk of money lost when players like this were £150k and I simply could not ignore £24k cost and measly £2k a day. I know players go through purple patch's but his morale was low when he started. He just looked a handful.

Anyway I've now got the following strikers:-

Garcia - Out on loan, big lad good in air, 22 ish.
Mustoe - 31, doesn't make many mistakes knows where the goal is, currently listed.
Purovic - £12k a day and well worth it when I compare to some strikers on £20k a day.
Dano - Play him as winger young fast if he sort's out his finishing he'll be a superstar.
Wendell - Not overly impressive but has a knack of springing from no where, 19.
Lima - Solid Striker 23 at least a goal every other game.
Bedi - Loan looks really decent soon as he signed I put him out on Loan (I knew I had overdone the striker thing.)
Eren - See above.

SEVEN strikers and none are really duffers. Can't really see the point of selling any youngsters now with the price drop. When you can pick up a player like that for £24k you just know it's silly not to.

Actually when I think about had I signed Vaugn, he went for £25k a day, actually that pretty much covers the cost of all the other apart from Purovic.

No comments: