Monday 26 April 2010

Youth Academies Again

Well the 'youth academy sucks' movement is now gaining momentum, it's puzzling as to what some managers expect. 'I've gambled it has not paid off I demand the game be changed so my gamble is a banker.'

Meanwhile bid is in for a wing back in Turkland that is quick, high concentration decisions can tackle and cross. He's old so I doubt anyone else will bid.

Finding a striker was proving more difficult and both current senior strikers at 28+ so I started looking at older youths. At this stage in a full GW you have to shop in the gaps but I might have got lucky with this fella.



Composure and finishing are normally linked, like acceleration and pace. The rest of his stats are dreamy and he started in a pool on £40k only getting a handful of games in a struggling team. Wage demand £2.5k a day so I'm paying just £3 a day more.

I think I'm still yet to go overdrawn in Turkland but the squad is pushing 3.5 in the biography. I'm hoping this is good enough for a top half finish in the top tier, wages sitting at £50k a day and a dandy projected of close to £2m.

I'm not saving for the sake of it if I can bag a high rep player on a low ish wage in the right position I'll go for him. What I'm not doing is throwing the projected on players that are just marginally better than what I've got.

The players on the free agent list are drop dead mouth open amazing. I've seen managers let go their 28/29 £50k Aq Fee players on low wages in preference for youths on high wages. Some of these have been doing 7+ at senior level.

Stayed in the EFA in Voller and OFA in Turkland, still totally convinced not tiering up these FA's earlier was a bad idea. Compete at your own level is all very well but if that level isn't set till season 4 it's a long time.

No comments: