Monday 26 April 2010

Done and Dusted

I think I'm close to calling it on both squads for season 2 now. I think I got lucky in Voller buying when I did, as I managed to get the players on pretty low wages. It's strange but from what I've seen in Voller wages seem pretty sensible compared to Turkland.

In Turkland I needed a DC and every player was going for £10k+ at this stage of the game looking at the player and my own players it just didn't offer value. Whichever way I looked though I was going to need a DC in the end I was forced to go for a 32yo £240k on a wage of £5k a day.

I think it was the right decision even one season it could pay dividends. At exactly the same time a striker with the same Aq Fee went for £18k wage, £364k a season more, if he does two seasons for me I'm almost a million better off.

I think I'll look to bargain hunt for a right back, and in Turkland I have no cover on the right wing so need to be mindful of that.

Read T bag's thoughts on the economy and I'm not so sure of a downturn, restart or new managers can now spend their entire projected and this pumps a lot of money in especially if their a bit green.

Going to be a tough season in both GW's we're in the top tier in both and neither team is exactly breathtaking. I'd be delighted with a top half finish in either.

GameWorldPlus is a pretty tasty site loads of tips and hints on there.

No comments: