Monday 19 April 2010

The Big Splash

I was thinking that in Voller I'm going to need three players, two full backs and a DM. I'm really not keen on spending cash but then got to thinking it's not the cash so much as the wage. Actually I could pull my AMC/FC back and get a striker.

This is going to be the 'in' thing over the next few months. Do you take your wages up and gamble on getting more prize money to fund further acquisitions or do you just wait it out for the big stars to be released in season 2.

If you wait too long whilst you'll have the cash to buy the big stars you want have the income to support them.

However I go to thinking if I don't actually increase the wages that much but improve the team then it's kind of a win - win situation.

Now I normally don't like signing players mid season because it can rock form or morale a little but my form is patchy at best. So far in this stage of the EFA we've played 7 W0 D5 L2, two of those draws have been against 1st and 2nd so maybe it's due to turn.

So three new faces have been signed up. At this stage we're not signing Messi like players but they do the P's, pace power and passion.



Not a great footballer but not too shabby, a get it and give it type that hopefully will keep on going, right back, seems the ME hates DC's that can't jump.

Quite a lot for an oldie but should get three seasons out of him (30,31, 32) at £5k a day. Can play ML / MC or FC so good cover as well.

Bit more of the value type this one but £3.5k replacing a 31 yo on £2.5k, can understand why no one has picked him up.

3 comments:

Rik said...

Hey Jak.

I'm really interested in seeing what happens during "wage auctions". I am included in the FML demographic that has not seen a Live off-season since the change to wage-extensions.

I think many are still saving up for wage auctions which is why I'm seeing a load of pre-WA bargains?

I have a sneaky suspicion that the market is going to go sky high after the season starts when the bargains are a no-show. I'm happy to be proved wrong tho :)

Hope to see you in Turkymuff soon pal.

Rik

MarkPhillips said...

Managers always leave Rik plus the slow bleed of players.

I think everyone will try to max out their spending in an attempt to get the standing in FA's which will pay for itself.

As normal impatience and rash decisions will be punished.

Rik said...

Exactly what I'm trying to do at the moment Jak, but I think that it will be a few seasons of mediocrity to come :D