Tuesday 27 April 2010

One of those 'Out There' ideas

I've been thinking about this for some time and I was reading Eurogamer Article:-

The company is also looking at gaining expertise in the social gaming category, but could not say how significant digital would be to the overall business.


The GW's will always be hard to fill where managers are also rans it just doesn't appeal to enough. However I've noticed that a massive opportunity exists on the likes of facebook etc, a true casual experience.

So I'm wondering if SI could do a facebook app with a free to play interface to FM Live Gameworlds where if you like an underclass of FM Managers reside.

See Facebook is worth serious money these days, I'm in marketing and the users on there are real, I can target advertising at a very specific accurate demographic. It's the next big thing for gaming.

How would it work.... well I'd imagine that you'd have a micro team income capped at say £20k a day or something, maybe even allow managers to progress all the way but they won't have the 2d or 3d ME just plain text.

Funded primarily from advertising but also subscriptions once managers got hooked.

I know it's 'out there' but these are times where you have to be thinking fast these days. If SI don't do it then Eidos will!

1 comment:

Rik said...

Don't think it's out there at all matey. Tell you what I'd do Jak, I'd encourage a facebook application that was free to play.

I would grey out joining an FA and playing CPU teams.

I would force an advert for Sega games (or whatever) at a certain frequency that boosts income for Sega.

I would allow access to the public chatrooms but only allow posting if they have played a number of matches.

I would give a full and normal bank balance but with a maximum £100k o/d and only able to trade at MV.

Finally I would disable reward points, awards, and achievements.

What I'm really saying is a facebook application that allows an insight into the game but is more like a teaser/ a "light" version. Disabling a few features that someone would like to try and make the disabled features worth £5pcm.