Saturday 3 April 2010

When a Plan comes togather

I covered the slight turnaround in Voller last post, don't get me wrong we're kind of one of the also rans in the league currently but are now comfortably mid table.

I wanted though to highlight what I did to get around this.

The offending player was this guy:-



I was playing left sided DC I'm not sure if it was being left or DC but he was awful only pulling a 6.67 average. He's not that bad so tried him as an attacking MC, great he starts to play well.

Problem then though is that I've only got a very average looking DC to slot in so I go shopping.



No bids, ok he's not John Terry and oddly also plays Right Back despite being left footed but heck who rejected him?

Very solid DC ok he's not great technically but heck he'll get stuck in and if he does make a mistake (rare as he's 29) he can cover with his pace. Worst case scenario he'd not have worked out and would have had to have played him as sub.

At 29 he's got three seasons, 29, 30 and 31 heck he won't be that bad at 32.

No comments: