Tuesday 29 September 2009

The Teams

Shearer - 4th in The AEFA Premier League was a pretty decent finish not jaw dropping but it's a decent job. I was quite surprised at the youth performance winning the AEFA Cup and finals of the GW Youth Cup. Two players I'm leaving go are Alcides and Ashkan, Ashkan has done 11 seasons with us, I know it's just a databse entry but you can't help but become attached. Think I'll rename a stand.

I've sort of got a policy where I'm not signing anyone unless their at least twice as good. It's a bit lazy really as I think if I sold the youths coming through and signed 30+ players we'd be rocking. I'm quite happy chugging along here if someone jaw dropping comes up the cash is there.

I did buy a 17yo with a wage of £5k, grrr silly mistake there although he has £65k Aq Fee and very solid Av Rating even at Senior Level. My shotgun apporach to U17's seems to work out ok, 16 or so £200 a day jobs and manage to keep around 3 for U19. By the time their U21 only 1 or 2 survive, it's cheap but seems to work.

Beta - Whilst most of my time is spent in Shearer (normally shouting at U17's :) ) it's a very simple Galacticos approach in Beta. The market slightly inflated means I'm forced to buying 28+ aged players in their prime, it just seems the cheapest way of bringing in some class.

Raktic ticked this box quite nicely and now with Household names costing £40k + a bid of £44k secured his services. Ok he's 29 but I should see 3 seasons out of him, if it was 1.2 it would be 5 seasons :) Still he's a little bit good.

Ended the season with One Div.1 title (which is like 3rd Premiership Live world) and the FA Cup and Mid Season Open.

Clough - Well the Org in the EFA is fantastic, must remember to email him thanking him for his efforts. Good updates on what is happening in the FA and seems to put the interests of all members first. It's why I moved this account here.

The activity rating has finally risen so I can stomach playing games again. Really enjoy it, it's a bit strange not seeing world class players but it's still 11 men etc.

We'll be lucky to finish in the top half of the table but the games are competitive. Mostly I'm playing with an eye for next season and wage auctions.

In an really strange twist it's quite good to be bargain hunting and not rejecting players off hand as their not triple A.

No comments: