Tuesday 8 September 2009

Casual Users and Hardcore

Well this how my record looks on Company of Heroes, LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, can I add a few more. LOL, nuff said not to keen to play anymore. The ones left playing now are pretty good and I most definitely am not any good at all. Back to playing the AI, as a casual user it kind of reflects FM :)

On the forums I've been busy starting two epic threads:) First one was my amazement at SI's aiming the game at casual users. Seems to me you just as well try and sell the game to a bunch of rugby fans. If you read the history of FM I do kind of get the idea (originally touted as Fantasy Football using the FM engine / database) but we're long past that.

The second thread was as a result of a number of things, the blog carried a warning that wage demand was going to change, then my wages as a result of a few auto extends bounced up in beta. I then looked a bit deeper and found a big big change:)

Naughty Jak for bringing it up:) All doom and gloom in typical fashion from the forum community. I don't think I'm so popular with SI, it's most of the reason I chose not to be a mod (I like to shoot from the hip and can't really be arsed with being politically correct). However, I do think I have the games interests at heart so mostly don't agree with the forum community either, Mr. Popular is me.

I find the forum community is made up of the top rankers who really only give a shit about themselves, the order of the day is 'hey SI do / don't do this so I'm ok'.

Coming back on point and to the wage change then it could level the playing field a little tiny bit, I think the big change though would actually be to starting in an old GW. It is VITAL to keep inflation low, if inflation is low then you can basically plan, get X many players of a certain rep whilst building stadium. You can then progress, if inflation is high then it feels like your never getting anywhere.

It looks as if SI might actually bottle it a little such is the rage but in fairness to them their pretty solid when they set their mind to something.

I just as well update the teams....

Beta - We were looking loose and going through a sticky spell, the high rep players though are terrible for not really doing the business in non FA games. Division One kicked off and as a result of a few late goals meant that we quickly secured ourt position in the next stage of Div.1. There is an outside chance of winning another title but the main event is staying up and I think it's mission accomplished.

Shearer - A ropey start here and I still think I'm risking it with Clement in goal. We went down 2-1 in our first league game so it didn't look great. In saying that we then played Nick Hopkinsons Amogen who are pretty solid always, ranked in the top 15, it wasn't easy but bagged a 1-0 win. Clement in two games 7.2 av rating.... We played Scott's Freemantle (ranked 7th) and lost 2-1 away but it could have gone either way, for a time in the 2nd half we were literally just walking through his defence but no end result.

I'd be happy to spend another £50k on wages if I could the players but the asking price is too high to justify. In light of current events I think I'll sit on the cash for now:)

No comments: