Friday 4 September 2009

Shearer Season 11

Clement - I forget that Sebastian Frey left also this close season, at 37 it was time:) If you ever get chance to sign him he goes well even at 37! Anyway this young goalie has come through the youth ranks. Stats are great Aq Fee very low. Still gets at least a 6.8 average in proper FA games (often more) so it's time for him to either do it or leave.

Barre - Left Back, triple A player, young, rep, stats, Aq Fee Average Rating all there.

Alcides - Nothing too fancy here but another season left in him for sure.

Pique - Although 31 and a wage auction signing when I had watched the games v's Real Biezers and they were losing it was always Pique that looked immense. I'll be happy with two seasons from him so he'll likely leave at 33.

Tetteh - Another youth no nonsense right back really, might swap with Mariano.

Tardic - I've lost count how many times he lays a through ball for Danny Welbeck seems to be his thing. Few seasons left for him as he's only 29.

Husejonivic - To be fair a little in and out of games would like someone who's deadly a little more often but has enough moments

Schniederlin - Well quite simply the best DM I've ever had, in his prime which I think is 90% of the reason.

Dejagah - Signed at 22 in Season One, always a threat and very hard working.

Welbeck - Sort of a Ian Wright type player, gets it, scores.

M'Villa - Sold at 19 bought back at 22 for more or less the same cash, time he starts to have an impact. Lots of green now. Really considered keeeping Falcoa on for another season. Didn't for a few reasons what is the point finishing 10th in the Premier League or 3rd = £50k, Falcoa is £1m a season. If I keep Falcoa then M'Villa can't progress.

Expectations
Well this is what I normally do....

Look at members in the league sort by wage and that is my target, last season we had the 6th highest wages but finished 3rd so happy with that. Falcoa is yet to leave so take £30k off wage bill and target is now going to be mid table somewhere.

Current form isn't great but with Falcoa not playing an Pique just signed I kind of expect a wobble. I could afford to spend a lot more but unless you try some of these youths your never going to know. So that's the aim this season see what they do.

I'm not sure why SI don't colour code the history....

No comments: