Friday 25 September 2009

Negative Nelly & Many Other Things

I think the guys at Gameworld One in the recent podcast, Football Manager Podcast, did bring home how much of grumpy old git I may have come across recently.

I feel like Billy No Mates, I do hold back a little on criticising SI and the community but more often than not end up going off on one due to feeling passionate about it.

FM Live is a great game on it's way to being one the best games ever made, hopefully.

1.3 does bring some interesting new things to the game, match plans, CPU Teams to name but a few. The match engine isn't without it's faults but come on name one other game that even remotely gets close.

The database is the killer, players despite being little dots seem to have massive depth and character.

But.... I want it to get better, it's all very well saying how jolly wonderful everything is, but your never going to get anywhere that way. So back to mad rantings of a bald Welshman:)

I heard another idea about controlling youth wages (not my idea) introduce a youth wage tax, but, having tried to champion Youth Wage Budgets as an idea clearly the community just wants academies.

Random > Controlled it seemes.

In saying that much like the now planned, rep = what you won, change (I'd prefer lots of prize money) it's still a massive improvement so the game is going in the right direction. Depends how it comes in but if it's region based then you could see distinct teams, e.g. German based Academy = German based seniors eventually.

Miller & Shearer Season End - Miller overall have had a good season, took one of the Div.1 titles, FA Cup and Mid Season Open. Not a bad haul for an ageing team. Shearer looks like top 3 could be on in the Premiership after a decent run of results, the youths have started to pop as well, FA Youth Cup, 2nd spot in youth leage and runners-up in Gameworld Youth Cup. Youth U21 Wages = £20k a day.

The wage auctions in Miller are well under way and I'd like to sign either a right back or DC but it's all about the calibre of the player and price. As things stand we do lack a little 'oh la la' but it's a solid ish team without getting anyone. I fancy we'll struggle to stay in Div.1 for any length of time as things stand.

Moans next, must keep my grumpy git rep up!

Onto Clough well it's always going to be hard and my own fault really I should have entered a few million comps just to keep activity levels up:-



Luckily I have eight days worth of holiday, so see you in eight days!

No comments: