Monday 29 September 2008

Boring Boring Jakswans

Well I’ve come to the conclusion that what I really really like about FM isn’t actually winning games so much but what I actually like is finding players. I just love watching a game and arms folded (Martinez style) picking out the ones staying or going.

I think that’s why I like the youth side of the game so much, punt £200 a day and look for a few gems. There is nothing like seeing them a few months later seeing them go on the rampage.

This Gameworld has raging BMF (beta mode fever) players are going for insane amounts and whilst I’m under no illusions as to the length of time we’ll spend in this gameworld I just didn’t get a case of it myself.

This GW is becoming a learning curve for me I really slapped my starting team together and it’s neither a youth team or a senior team. I was already fairly crippled with a couple of mediocre players on £7k wages.

With FA money in hand I was on the look out for players to spice up the squad and everyone was going for silly money. In the end it was bid, lose auction, next. One I got was a £350k Aq Fee Left back who hasn’t any decent rep (I didn’t check), doh.

One glint of good fortune though was a young kid with an Aq Fee of £160k and I got him for £5k a day.

It’s funny as now the Jakswans are more or less in the same position they were at the start of GW6 a competitive side with not much zip.

Still as before there are some silver linings, Wellington a DC is very solid and Wendell despite missing a lot of easy goals has bags of flair.

I don't know if something has changed but I'm yet to hit a really bad run, those games where the odds of you winning are say 2-1 but as you watch the game you slowly realise really the odds are actually 50-1.

No comments: