Thursday 2 October 2008

Clever Stuff from SI

A must read is the new Development Blog that SI have up. When I first saw this I thought frankly it sounded cheesy and just, well, rubbish. Then I got to thinking…

I see where their going with this, you can create a stadium that attracts different types of fans. A stadium with corporate facilities will attract corporate fans and a rough and ready jobby, hey maybe even terracing, (it’s not banned worldwide) would attract a bunch of yobs.

Then you have a dilemma the corporate fans kick in a load of cash but the yobs create a hostile environment making your home advantage count more. They are adding are a lot of depth with this as the yobs will love the ‘do or die’ type player and the corporates want to be entertained so will be pulled in by flair and big names.

Naturally the right player at the right club would be fired up more as he would identify with the club and he would become more of an icon. Eventually he could become a ‘free lock’.

So your club now has a chance to develop lot of character, it’s really clever stuff.

I’ve always felt that the match sounds are ok but could be a bit more charismatic and they could do a lot in this area with this update. Drums, restrained applause, chants from the nut jobs.

FM has never been a graphical game but I do wonder how their going to do stadiums, can’t wait to find out though.

Franco - The legend returns

Actually Franco was never a legend I signed him in GW6 aged 32 or 33 and for one season he did a grand job as a target man. He was rarely sensational but functional. Strapped for cash I was looking for a mature big man and when I saw his name I thought I'd grab him. He's done well since no rep to speak off but still his form should be solid at this age.

No comments: