Monday 1 September 2008

Gameworld 14

Si are taking a step in the direction of stress testing in the new Gameworlds. Five Gameworlds were lost in their crash but they are only creating a two to replace.

I think Tuesday was touted as being opening day but this being FM Live I’m expecting a small delay maybe Wednesday or Thursday.

I think the idea is that the 2000 odd joining will be super active and thus we’ll do a mini stress test. Personally I can see the server crashing or at least becoming unplayable but it’ll help SI focus on the issues that cause this so it’s not all bad.

Assuming we get to play for any length of time and are not just waiting for the next patch that’ll sort it out (seem to have been waiting fir that for six months now) then I’ve been considering the strat to employ at the start.

There is an exploit of trialing players but it doesn’t really do it for me so I think I’ll do what I did last time and go for the slow burn.

I think many will just go guns a blazing as in theory it’ll only last a month, but even that proves to be true I shall want to approach like it’s the full version.

I need to spend a lot of time learning the mod tools and how to mod although I suspect a lot of common sense should be used. Mmmm that's me buggered then :)

No comments: