Tuesday 2 September 2008

New Podcast and GW14... Well maybe not

Chief Mod, Richard Tebbutt (not sure of his exact title) made a call for mods in an older gameworld and desperate to get back I found myself with my hand aloft. My thinking is that there are two sides to my time in FM Live the game and the modding. I know (ish) the game but I’m still green on modding.

We’ll see if I get picked.

As expected it looks doubtful that the new gameworlds will be up Tuesday / Wednesday as of yet there is no feedback coming from SI. However they promised to look after the chaps that lost their worlds so I’m sure it won’t be long.

Slightly more worrying is the stress test that we had today. As I’ve said they are miles more fun then before but sadly things lag like heck till it gets unplayable. I spent 30 minutes logged in and spent two minutes actually doing something.

I say it’s worrying as GW14 / 15 has a lot of active managers that could make a stress test look like a walk in the park.

Jordan and Co from Getsacked have another podcast out and they do an awesome job. This week (hopes it’s every week now guys!) they discuss the price of FM Live and towards the end of the podcast Jordan did paint a potentially grim picture.

His thinking was that really the retention rate come release would be quite the same as in Beta. Furthermore whilst in Beta you always had an influx of new beta testers but once you were paying for the game you would not want to join an old world.

No comments: