Thursday 4 September 2008

Inter Retirement Manager Interview

Nick Megarity manager of Inter Retirement lead his team to almost legendary status in GW6 as he was regarded as having the best youth set-up in the gameworld. As GW6 was dead and a new world was waiting I caught up with him for a chat.

So Nick I suppose you've played the CM / Fm series a lot but a lot of your players were regens how did you scout players what made you buy the youth players that lead you to No.1?

I tried to sign players that had the basic skills for the position in which they played 2.5* upto 5* I wasn’t worried too much about the potential rating.

So who was your best buy?
My Best buy has to be Alen Kardec who I picked up at the end of season 1 on a wage auction for roughly 40k & went on to be my 1st ever world class player

Which player will you remember most fondly and why?
Diego Sanchez a player that was in my senior side at 18 & could play in numerous positions

A lot of potential managers seem to tire of FM Live quickly what makes the game so addictive for you?
I’ve played some variation of the game since championship manager was 1st released on the good old Amiga. So was already a fan but the thing that really draws me in is the friends I have made in game, with whom I’ve had plenty of laughs

What results/games do you remember most vividly?
My 1st stand out moment was an aefa cup semi towards the end of season 2 ,I had been drawn against Paul McCarthy’s Shenanigans who at the time where romping away with the aefa premier division
The game started quite evenly balanced then my moment came 25 ins in penalty & up stepped my peno king matouko (dc) bang 1-0 managed to hang on JUST till full time for an undeserved victory it took me 10 minutes to calm down after that one!

Losing in the UFFA CWC final to Sassine in Season 4 was a bad day 2-0 down by half time changed to 433 & scored a consolation but didn’t perform well at all that day

Winning the UFFA Youth world cup in season 5 was a good day even though it was only on penalty's in a game I totally dominated against Intergalacticos

I don’t want to remember the UFFA Psycho Youth Cup
3x losing finalists (GRRR) (hey I seem to recall the Jakswans bagging two of them finals)

for 3 seasons i did dominate the XFA feds Youth competitions

If you could sign any youth player excluding your own who would it be?
Diaz A GK from a Side I can't remember best gk I had (albeit on loan) (Diaz = Jakswans legend)

Salih claims the title of undisputed youth champion of GW6 yet he won no UFFA titles, your thoughts?

Salih's side was hard to beat in my early stages on the youth side of things, but once I built my squads I pushed him out of top spot on the rankings not bad when I was running u21,u19 & u17 sides to his u21

He only competed in 1 UFFA season because he kept changing feds during pre-season but in the 1 he did compete in I beat him in the final as I’ve already mentioned earlier in this interview

So the release date approaches I assume it’ll be a strong youth set-up for you?
I’m thinking of retail doing seniors & starting up with just an u17 side which all being well will give me plenty of time to get those training skills learnt so that once there 20/21 they will be well developed & ready to kick some arse & let me dominate from then on in.

No comments: