Wednesday 3 September 2008

GW4 it is, and GW’s 14 and 15 don’t start

Whoop I’m in GW4, well not actually in but the paperwork is being done on the transfer. So now instead of waiting for GW14 to start I’m now waiting to transfer, gah out of the frying pan….I though it would be simple and quick but apparently not.

SI have announced that GW14 won’t be released the middle of this week but sometime next week. I’m not surprised although a little concerned about October as a release date looms.

With serious withdrawal symptoms I bought FM2008, it was only £9.99. I haven’t really played CM / FM since the Amiga days, I’ve bought it since and played demos but I never really got the bug. I remember why….

The game tries to simulate man management and with these being a highly complex thing to do in real life just fails miserably to come close. An example would be Roberto Martinez, now Martinez is a very clever man and knows football inside out.

I’ve watched Martinez though on the touchline he stands there arms folded the total opposite of most other managers. Other managers stomp up and down and shout and scream to try and get his team to play the way he wants. Martinez calls a player over and tells them what he wants done, it’s all very calm. He nods towards the bench and signals for a sub to start warming up or to summon his assistant over.

He is obeyed period, he must have charisma to command that sort of obedience. How on earth can you hope to simulate that with a mouse click to select ‘encourage team’? I’d much prefer if this side of the game wasn’t in FM at all. In FM Live it isn’t, the interaction is with other managers and with them being real people simulation isn’t needed.

In other news the first hint at FM2009 promises a 3D match engine, there is a video on YouTube which lasts 7mins and there was around 5 seconds of a 3D match engine. My main thing is can we have this in FM Live PLEASE!

No comments: