Sunday 2 May 2010

Waiting for The Right Player

I keep looking at these released players and whilst i would love to have a 19yo £350k Aq Fee player on £3k a day I absolutely don't want him on £30k. That's not an asset but a liability:)

There are quite a collection of 30yo's just sitting there waiting to be picked up but as I look at these I'm seeing players that are 10-20% better than what I've got but are 50% higher in price.

In both GW's projected is very healthy and wages are quite low, it's hard to tell but the way both teams have started their league campaigns their looking good for top tier in season 3.

So no real drama on at the moment and in both GW's despite it being early season it feels like I'm middle of the table and middle of the season.

Things are going to be tougher next season as we enter the final run and the fight for Premiership / Championship football will be very much on. Some nice players coming out in Season 3 and it does look like a lot of the existing managers have priced themselves out of the market.

We'll see I'm enjoying it currently even if things are moving slowly.

2 comments:

Froot said...

Jak, thoughts - Signing a high rep (4.5*) 20 year old DC on around 20-25k per day in Season 2...too much?

MarkPhillips said...

A World Famous 20yo ohhh going to be good!

Still that's a lot of cash.

Personally no I wouldn't but I'm not gunning it currently.