Saturday 15 May 2010

Is the Match Engine b0rked

I'm just watching a game where my team is playing away, the away team is shown as 5.2 ability and mine 7.3. They are mostly 16 and 17 year olds and even those don't have massive Aq Fee's.

My U17 team beats their U17 team.

Yet senior game we lose 4-2?

The odd thing I watch the game and they have this U17 striker that walks past my DC like he isn't there.

This is the DC:-



and this is the striker:-


Now I'm not saying the youth isn't a half tidy player and I'm not saying Fumo is John Terry but come on there is no way that U17 should be able get past Fumo any day of the week. He was breezing past him:)

Anyway the Jakswans are now firmly in stage 4 or 5. I'll be honest I think form should be in the game have no issue with that and I've no issue with attempting to grind out a result. However when all reality has gone out of the window then to be honest I'd rather not bother.

I would post on the forums but looking at Beta match feedback I can one of the most respected beta testers has already provided many examples.

Don't know how the ME got into such a mess, I've got a RB in Voller thats a £200k Aq Fee his jumping is low so he's scraping a 6.7 rating. I'm convinced that this effects his confidence and so has an adverse effect on his overall performance. Been told that isn't the case.

Don't know what to make of it all, it feels b0rked, it looks b0rked if I could smell it I just know what it would smell like:)

3 comments:

T-Bag said...

I've always felt trying to give feeback on the ME akin to talking to a brick wall, which is why I just rant about it instead.

Looking back I brought up this youth team/away stuff in December.

I get the distinct impression FML'ers are seen as crazy people who don't really understand the ME compared to the FM10 players.

The reality the average FML is probably far more tactic savvy than your FM10 player - they HAVE to be, I learnt everything I know about tactics on FML after 15 years of CM/FM and not understanding anything.

We are just told, oh it's the same engine as FM10. But FML is a different car ;) Lots of cars share the same engine but are very different beasts.

MarkPhillips said...

Agreed feel the FM10 crowd play in sandbox mode.

I don't mind form but some things that go down are just bonkers.

Been ranting about form on and off for two years now!

Thom said...

AI just follows If they think playing a pre-programed opponent is the pinacle of tactical knowledge in the FM universe then so be it.But FM10 only needs you to follow a certain set of moves to be successful.

With FML it IS full of crazy people, TBag, that is why you need to be so tactically savvy as its who exploits the ME most that wins. Some loon with 4 strikers who hs found a way to still defend like a bus is hard to beat, when did you ever seethat on FM10. Thisis why I can beat level 16 AI sides who are FM10 AI in disguise but can't buy a win agaiuns a liveuser.