Thursday 6 May 2010

Economy Worry

Booya
Youth Academy Prediction
Cor if I was as good at FM Live as I was predicting the behaviour of FM Live managers then I'd be great.

There is some concern for the economy currently. All of this depends on how active the GW's remain. I really wish they'd tweaked stadiums to give a lower return across the board and then spread the crowd numbers further down.

Stadiums are not a money sink but a money generator, almost exclusively for the top teams as well. That's my next prediction, forum threads claiming that the rich get richer made almost entirely possible as they have access to a developed income which lower clubs do not.

I'm not turning communist, I think the stadium upgrades should be made less cost effective at higher levels and more cost effective at lower levels. We'd have more of a money sink then.

I always felt that starting income at £80k a day and scaling upwards was a mistake, should have started at £50k. I also think six FA's is going to create too many rich teams which is going to keep inflation high. I don't know really it's pure guesswork without access to the database, certainly Youth sucks a lot of money out:)

Very solid start with a 2nd spot finish in the EFA in Voller form now has gone out the window. We're still hard to beat mind so getting the odd draw but it's not going great.

Still a little puzzled at how a team with 7 ability can lose so easily to a team with 3 ability. Still hopefully we can have a hot run at some point in this stage to just scrape half way up the table, just then need to turn up for last stage to secure top tier in Season 3.

One of subs expired I'm not renewing that one, in fact they all run out by October and I still don't think I'm getting value for my £5 odd. I could do just one GW but I know I'd just get immensely frustrated.

The games appeal is to a Casual LLM Manager who doesn't mind fantasy teams, I'm not really casual or that fussed on LLM. Now if it was Hardcore Rags to Riches then I'd be very keen!

Do wonder if there are that many Casual LLM types out there, I guess SI think there are.

2 comments:

Mustangs said...

Jak I think it's just QFS (Qualifying fatique Syndrome) kicking in. It should be fine once there are Gold Cup, Silver Cups to fight for, relegation and promotion and so on. Sport without relegation is, well, a bit too North American for most people's tastes.

Luckily I am a big fan of LLM-style play so that's one good thing.

But, OK, I am in a Vintage FA. Trouble is I play this game pretty much every day for an hour or two, usually in little half an hour bursts and that doesn't really work for me... A lot of the times I log on and nothing to do mid season.

I have nice amount of games against the active teams at the start - great - but then only one official game every few days for about 10+ days until the end of the season when I get a flood of AI games.

And as a sensible manager all my players are bought in pre-season for cheap largely so what does that leave me to do most of the time? Released stars no interest. Too expensive. Basically, not enough.

And I don't like the idea of playing three or four seasons per season that much as it would become a chore lol. Am I incapable of feeling happy?

MarkPhillips said...

I think once we get out of Qualifying the EFA is a real help.

It sounds a lot but if you play every day you'll wonder how you managed to cope with one season a month.

Comp starts ok you got a bit of bad form, 1 week later we're off again.

Still would like to see a 1 season = 1 week GW.