Saturday 15 May 2010

More thoughts on Form

After the shocking result team seemed to kick on and coast to wins in the next two, I'm thinking that maybe the team isn't on any stage of form currently just neutral. The team I played were coming off a long line of defeats.

I'm convinced it's rank or more likely a hidden FA rank and team strength in the Biography, dependent upon how they match up then your more or less likely to enter a period of form.

This isn't a new theory if you read back though my blog.

So just to recap that result their team strength was 5.3 and mine was 7.3, the players after a string of results focus on the game and start hitting form.

7.3 V 5.3

Stands to reason they'd be confident of getting a result at home and be really up for the game.If it was a scale of 20 then it would be:-

18.25 V 13.25

Then no amount of form is going to overcome that difference.

If this is true we'd have youth teams doing adversely well due to the current low scaling of this part of the game. The other thing that would happen is that inactive teams would be very dangerous to play as they'd be heavily under-ranked.

Read T bag's recent post and he mentioned that he suffers a Stage 7 this really really adverse run. It actually doesn't surprise me that he gets that. I think T bag is a tactical marvel compared to me.

Therefore he often manages to get teams way over ranked and then this system eventually catches up and puts him through hell.

I don't play any non FA League games at senior level now as trying to cope where I was in this system and competition form my head would explode.

Is it bad?

Eventually it should work out the youth teams will start to struggle as the scale will be more extreme as we roll into season 4. So hopefully won't see a 17yo own a 30yo seasoned pro unless he's Rooney like.

For the game.... well form in football plays a massive part so I don't mind it being in, keeps me busy trying to work it out anyway:) I've asked and asked for SI to make it more transparent so that at least expectations are managed a little better.

Lots of managers sign players and think their team will be turned around sadly players coming in can make form go the opposite way.

I've seen a lot leave in a huff never really knowing that their signings will make a difference in the long term but short term may be bad. I think if their were given a clear indication that eventually things will work out might save a few subs.

Certainly would make the ME look a let less random anyway.

A part of me says it's football follower syndrome. Take the England team, I have listened to many fans and media after a narrow defeat in major competitions ask 'Whats wrong with English football?'

The answer, not a lot it's a world game, there is no right that England have to have a great world beating side. A population of £50m where it's just one of many major sports means your never going to be quite as strong as others.

Long rambling post sorry.

2 comments:

BigHairyAndy said...

"Eventually it should work out the youth teams will start to struggle as the scale will be more extreme as we roll into season 4. So hopefully won't see a 17yo own a 30yo seasoned pro unless he's Rooney like."

If Miller's anything to go by, I wouldn't bet on it. First of all, half the "normal" kids ARE Rooney-like, and secondly it doesn't matter anyway as literally any team can win or lose literally any game literally 6-0 at literally any point.

Yes, it's THAT random.

MarkPhillips said...

Jeez that's worrying.