Tuesday 11 May 2010

Bland One

Not much going down today, yesterday made the Final of the FA Cup in Voller which is going to make my Club Profile pretty with three entries there now. We did a mini rally form wise to finish 5th in the 2nd stage of EFA. By my reckoning that's the top tier in season 3 in the bag.

The semi final was interesting, a team that didn't look good on paper and 5th in the second tier, squad was rated at something like 5 ish. For the first 30 mins it was like a knife through butter 4-0 up, but good ole ME I knew what was going to happen it was going to get scary, I think their next three shots on target went in before we bagged another to finish the game off quite late on.

It's weird my DC's seemed quite content for players to walk past them, perhaps they felt sorry for them.:)

Was fascinated by T Bag's take on the stats in his recent post, seen that linked a lot in the lobbys of various GW's now. Tis weird as back in Beta GW6 I loaned a LB off a mate and I said he was bloody awful, he had amazing stats apart from one thing, low concentration. I looked back at goals and it was always him making the wrong choice or not making a challenge or wrong position.

Luckily I've always been careful to pick defensive type players with that quality ever since.

In Turk we're really starting to limp mainly as my 22yo AMC is out for the rest of the season, he's young so we see patchy form but when he's on form then game over. We've still got some breathing space, think we're projected 4th still but a bad run in the last ten or so games could cost us dear.

I've literally not spent a penny here and with wages sitting at just over £50k I'm looking solid financially. I think the squad is actually good enough to get a top half finish but it lacks depth and the missing AMC proves that point well.

I suspect that many are out of cash now £30k young signings is all very well but unless your heading for the top flight then you could stumble. Certainly seeing 28yo's come though with high wage demands be left for a few days on the free agent list.

I'd go for one of these myself but if I can avoid getting one and still finish in the top half well that's going to save a lot. Even with this high inflation I know I can pick up a 30yo massive player for wage demand easy such is the youth madness.

The Turk squad will defo need some attention if their going to get Premiership football so busy close season ahead!

No comments: