Saturday 29 May 2010

Big Sale

Sold an 18yo DC for £2m in Voller and a 17yo DM for £1m in Turk.

I tried the DC at senior level and he was uninspiring I think he'll do great at Division One level but in the Premier / Championship he's a long way off being good enough. He was on a low wage and I'm sure he'll go great guns but the opportunity cost of £2m was too much to ignore.

Armed with this cash now coming in over 8 weeks I've spent half of it on the stands. These never offer a return so always a big capital investment and fully funded by this sale. Looking good:-



It's strange but even if he could perform his wage demand would rise quickly (bugs aside) and I'd then end up with another problem.

Anyway bottom line in both Turk & Voller I have around £2m cash (in Voller £4m projected) not a bad squad and stadium well under way.

Form wise it isn't great anywhere, once again the Voller team has is drawing a load of games P8 W1 D6 L1, they did this last season and with me needing to average a top 6 finish across the three runs in EFA it's not good. We're a tough team to beat but is that going to be enough.

In Turk I started with a 4-1 defeat so then got a £1m Aq Fee right winger who was awesome in a 1-1 but then went out for five games, doh! Slight silver lining I had insured him so I've not been rushing to play that many games as I'm £30k a day better off whilst he's injured:)

No comments: