Friday 2 October 2009

Youths on the Go In Shearer

News that SI are opening a new GW, I'm not doing the progression rant again, suffice to say whilst the game is great they have badly designed it in on a macro level in my view. Get the top teams out of a GW into a new one and everyone progress's. That's not to say it's not a great game, it is, I keep saying that.

To Clough, ohh we're mid table now in Division 5 with a few players starting to suggest they were indeed bargains. Some have also suggested their just terrible:) Still wage auctions soon and maybe next season we can go for promotion or top 5 at least.

Meanwhile in Shearer I did sign another Household name, winger, £1.6m couldn't see anyone else that amazing so left the cash in the bank. Have moved back to SFA and are likely to be in the Championship or Division One. Amogen, Duff and Inter moved as well. The SFA in Shearer is great but I hope no one new joins even though I'm not great at FM Live playing a team with a few Household-names, a few world famous etc isn't going to be pretty. That's the other movers are of the same sort of quality.

It's odd why the Shearer mods do it, The Mighty Bosh are legendery youth team, top 4 in the world they moved to Casual and are in Div.1. Not great if your new and join the Casual FA either then.

Anyway enough of my whining how badly the game is run, it's not like that in Beta or Clough so not all bad and I'm happy enough winning the odd game here or there, even if it is at the expense of lower ranked teams.

In Shearer I'm kind of back doing youth, after a fashion, I give myself rules about wages and promptly broke them:) Poggi is only 17 £65k Aq Fee it's true he's pretty immense at youth level but at £5k a day a bit over the top.

I was looking back at the season 1/ 2 / 3 / 4 youth team that won every SFA U19 league, the U21 league for two seasons and apart from a few they've all pretty much failed to make an impact at 25/26. Still I'm a cheap skate when it comes to wages so they were never going to be world famous but I'd gamble on a few of them going very well if they got a chance.

No comments: