Wednesday 21 October 2009

Ohhhh Sometimes you win the lottery

During my desperate efforts to strengthen the Clough squad during wage auctions I chanced upon a player that hadn't played much but was still well known.... Strange, anyway I managed to get him on £4k a day £65k Aq Fee.

We won our first game 6-1 have limped along with a defeat a draw and another thumper 5-0. In this time he's gone £170k High Profile with some amazing goals in the process.

Div.5 is pretty well balanced there is one team on a good run and another with wages of £230k! We lost 1-0 to them but actually had more chances. I really hope I'm not in Div.5 when my wages get to that stage:(

I've got Sega fright in Shearer I think I should move but don't really know if I should so I'll just do nothing :)

It has been a bit gritty on the forums recently, 1.3 had a progression bug which no one liked naturally. Everyone thought that the new injury system was ace. There were at least a hundred posts about the progression bug and six on the new injury system. Not nice being SI sometimes!

It is getting a bit flaky on the forums again as managers sit in their GW's with plans for world domination coming to fruition, only to find the world is now 20 odd managers.

Had a good debate with someone in the forums (not naming names) and it went like this:-

Them: I justify my position due to this real life example.
Me: That is not comparable to real life because it's more like ....
Them: It's a game stop using real life examples.

I do like a debate and I think it should remain as a debate, it is strange that many months back I had a debate with someone in the lobby. Who was right or wrong is irrelevant (well I was right naturally) but the guy the following day pm'd me to apologise. I was quite shocked, it's ok to disagree about something!

My favourite is, 'do you think this player is worth X', do you want a honest answer I say, I then say no, and here is why. Someone once told me after that I didn't know what I was talking about and should shut up! Hehe.

Gah look at that me just with just another random wibble, what was this post about again, errr something about football.

2 comments:

Jordan Cooper said...

The real-life justifications are my primary issue with most of the "OMG FML-Fail!" threads on the forum.

How many times can I state the same two questions:

How can we use the term 'realism' to justify one feature of game play and then say "FML is not supposed to be realistic" when justifying another?

Are we all grasping on to a game design structure only because of it's familiarity - regardless if it has serious flaws in an MMO environment?

If everyone can address these core fundamentals first before complaining, yelling or coming up with irrelevant "band-aid" solutions, then we'll all be in a much better position to *really* affect the development of FML.

Chris said...

your team is garbage and you are a rubbish manager