Wednesday 7 October 2009

Return of the Moaning Old Git!

There was a thread on the forum by Loris and initially it looked like your typical moaning thread but in fairness to the guy what he was saying actually struck home.

Basically he'd be in a few worlds played long term only to see that GW die. He was open to the suggestion that he could move to Clough or Whiteside but he was saying 'well what's to say that won't die'.

For eight / nine months now there have been moans from the community from managers stuck in this boat and all the while they've been saying to Sega 'why are you opening more worlds!'.

SI / Sega have been saying their seriously thinking of doing something, after eight months though it's getting a bit old. Now we find out yet another world may open 'in theory for cancelled accounts' which is bound to take another batch of managers from older GW's.

Still we hear nothing of Sega plans for the old worlds and i think you eventually must come to the conclusion there are not any.

I did suggest the problem is that GW's become top heavy with rich clubs, thus making progress beyond a point impossible and it might be better to invite top ranked teams to new worlds. This would allow new managers to progress and eventually themselves earn the right to play in a new GW.

Is this is a good idea? I don't know but I do know it's better than f*&! all or just six months of waffle.

Harsh? I really don't want to be all doom and gloom but I'm paying for this game and Sega are not a charity, well not in my book anyway.

On a more positive note the first season in Clough is coming to an end and whilst we've had a fairly dismal mid table finish the FA's are set up properly. So if I do well close season with signings I've a chance of doing better next season.

On another more positive note we won the first stage of the Division One Title in Beta and on an even more positive note we've had a few decent results in Shearer. Continuing the theme the youth I've now managed to get together in Shearer is starting to look a bit tasty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting idea about promoting teams out of GWs but I just can't see it being practical really. For a start it would split the user base even more with active teams moving out of their original GW - and i'm not sure many people would want to do that anyway.

But the GW they get promoted to surely wouldn't be full enough either ? How many teams would be in it ? 200-300 ? Those would presumably be the most active teams from their respective GWs too which would further diversify the player base.

The issue really is, not enough new teams join a single GW at the same time for it to be viable. Lets say that 200 new teams joined a GW in the same season - Would it be so much of an issue then ? They would have loads of opposition to play, people to trade players with and people on their own level to play.

There are ways this could be achieved within the current structure of the game and without any fancy new promotions. I'd suggest a few ideas but no bugger ever listens to me anyway so I wont bother.

But then you move onto the issue of 'catching up' which has rather ironically been made near impossible due to all the restrictions in place in the game in an attempt to create a level playing field.

It's a mess tbh. There are two things which can be done - Totally redesign the current game structure or do something about optimising the current set up - but as far as I can see no one is interested in doing either. Not any time soon anyway.

JaK-swan said...

Is that T-Bag?

I think it is a bit late for my idea to be a runner. If they hadn't opened so many GW's then it could have worked quite easily.

I think you'd be surprised how many would move, you could have even given an incentive, e.g. sign in two days before anyone else that sort of thing. You are a loyal subscriber to the game so here is as an advantage in a new GW.

I do now get the distinct impression most of the blogs / roadmaps / we'll do something about old GW's is all just a bit of lip service.

'Bigger and better competitios' what does that mean?

The entire game seems to lack direction if you ask me.

Still I keep saying it, I enjoy the game in it's current form it's just a pity to see it limp on.

T-Bag said...

ahem, not me, for the sake of my sanity ;)