Tuesday 27 October 2009

1.4 Injuries and their effect

After this new system was introduced and logged in to find my main striker out for four games. I hadn't even realised I did this but my mouse hovered over the log out button, hang on though he'll still be injured tomorrow!

There is no dodging injuries now, we reached the end of season and I'm looking at squad thinking I have to have a proper squad, many of these players will be out for key games. It really does add a lot to the game.

Beta - What a glorious season, took three stages of Div.1 won the Mid Season Open. I don't think any team has done that previously not even in Alchomedia's glory years did they take 3 out of four.

I've always kept a youth team going and thankfully have managed to produce some first teamers, their not drop dead stunning but are 25+ now and high profile standard. This at least allows me to pump some serious cash at the 28-30yo players subject to being able to find them. Somewhat odd that players now age end of season, so during wage auctions looking at 31yo not just 30yo:)

Clough - Well it's a competitive team for the league we're in for sure but results are not exactly spectacular. Still play some nice football and will further strengthen in the close season. I think we're headed for a mid table finish from what I've seen thus far. UPDATE: A mini good run later and we hit the top of the league around six of the cheapo's I have have turned high profile and the team that was 4th we beat 4-1. Ohhh.

Shearer - Finished 3rd in AEFA once again a UFFA spot so good result there, already have bagged a £1m + Aq Fee AMC who's 30. New leagues which I pray for the sake of the GW won't be qual. Still carrying two / three players really in this team but I'm not going to buy unless we're talking jaw dropping. Some decent youths coming through but it does take sooooo long before their as good as half decent 30yo.
Still managed to bag the Best of Fed and U21 League in AEFA this season.

Latest vibe on the forums seems to be player progression, some ME problems all due to be fixed very soon and the never ending 'what you gonna do about activity SI, open a new GW'. I suspect there are around 9/10 managers who've bounced into every new GW that contually ask the new GW question.

I get their point, playing short term in a long term GW must be a buzz.

No comments: