Thursday 15 October 2009

Clough Season 13 Squad


I like Clough the mods and orgs run the FA's so that hoppers are inserted into the structure at their correct level. So although my teams rubbish and didn't have a great first season (12th in Div5) I know if I can improve squad the level of teams I play next season should be pretty consistent. I'm not at the mercy of however many random hoppers there are.

So the second season squad is put together on that basis.

GK Urso - That lack of rep is a worry but we are a low rep club. Stats and Aq Fee and even performance make me keep him.
DL Cazumba - All last season the left postion was an achilles heel for us. At 31 I'm only going to get one season but it does cure the problem for one season at least.
DC - Svensson - A speculative buy from another team had a decent season with us. Aq Fee was only £35k on purchase. A little bit ropey at times but should cope with Division 5 ok.
DC - Talis at 30 should get two seasons from him. A no nonsense DC not a great footballer but was plaeased to land him at wage.
DR - Beardsley another of the Talis mould no nonsense defender.
ML - Cedric ahhh this player and me go back some way. At the start of the GW a wonderkid candidate but often doesn't get the breaks. Not awash with ability but will run up and down that left flank all day. I think a club record of £150k to land his signature.
MC - Woods Stupid injury system:) I've tried to land Woods in a few GW's starts of at 20 as I recall very solid MC who can on occasion open a teaam up. In his prime here and if we're to make any progress this season it very much depends on Woods.
MC - Labadie safe solid DM at the right age.
FC - Martinez delighted to have land such a player at the proper age of 27! Ok he's never going to be world class but at this level should have something to offer.
FC Antonio - Another striker that should threaten at this level.

No comments: