Tuesday 20 October 2009

Jak's Football Manager Live Player Price Guide

I suppose prices are subjective, I've had a lot of players that have great stats but they only tell you the type of player not when or how often they play like their stats. In other words i've owned some right duffers that should be great but are not.

I always look for Rep (relative to club played for, a high rep player at a low rep club is going to be nice!), Aq Fee (ability) and finally stats (will give you a clue as to the type of player).

I did this more really for the sake of my own sanity! I bagged a £1m household name at 29 in Beta for £1.4m and got to thinking is that expensive or not?

Comments on Players
Household Names - These players are the regular match winners or as defenders will almost never make a mistake and are amazingly consistent.
World Famous - Either consistent or occasional match winning performance. You might see the odd mistake at the back but it's going to be rare.
High Profile - Great players above average in every respect.
Well Known - Your bread and butter type rep can be quite variable so these can easily turn into High Profile. They should be VERY cheap!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is one of the real problems i find with the game is not nowing values this should help thanks

Anonymous said...

You don't know me but I stumbled across your site.

Interesting stuff - one thing that jumps out is that it doesn't take into account the wage increases through a players development (just because you sign a 5* potential player for £10k wages doesn't mean he'll be on £10k for his entire apprenticeship), and it doesn't penalise for overpaying (signing a 5* youth who will peak by age 21 for £96k doesn't cost the same as signing a 5* 21 year old for £16.5m unless the latter player is also on £96k a week).

I made my own version based on yours, but ammended with the above two points in mind. I get sensible results for 4.5*/5*, but my method falls down for 3.5* players. Not having a better model, I assumed that a players wage demand increases linearly through his apprenticeship, but I'm reasonably sure this is a poor approximation (I haven't been playing FML long enough to determine a correct model).

Do you have a suggestion for the model (or, in fact, is the approximate formula public knowledge?). Ideally I'd like to redo my version knowing how wage demand varies, and then assume that a players wage lags behind wage demand by 1-2 years.

Cheers.