Tuesday 7 October 2008

I Suck at Football Trader Live

Well a bit dramatic I'm certainly not very good, the bottom line with the game when all is said and done is it's about trading or timing your finances to perfection.

Assuming everyone auto selected their team at the start and assuming I had average luck with that team so in terms of ability I was ranked 500. From there speculation on the effects that various parts of the game have:-

  • Tactics Effect +-100 Positions - would get you ranked 400, I'm ok with tactics so I think I'd be able to get ranked 450.
  • Scouting Effect +-100 Positions - You would pick up some low budget players and there is an ability to spot them by playing games (stats don't tell you everything).
  • Financial Planning +-100 Positions - If you know how the game works you can time those signings better.
  • Trading +-500 Positions - I've been checking transfers as a mod and simply this is the end game. If you have the players Scouting, Tactics, everything else is irrelevant.
Which explains my ending up where I've ended up in the top 200, I hate selling players slap £1 auction, end of, I really can't be arsed to try and sell them. If you saw some teams just a few weeks in in GW Howe it would make you eyes bleed..... all achieved as they sold players worth £50k for £250k over and over again.

Actually if you took my skills overall I think getting Top 100 is a bit of a result but I do like going youth so the money pumped into this area does cost me quite a lot of rank.

Still I wish I was good at trading, no, correction I wish I wanted to be good at this part of the game, but I do want to play Football MANAGER Live and not Football TRADER Live. Which brings me back to making FM Live in what you want it to be. Despite not being a great trader can I sustain a top 200 position with a very decent youth team....

No comments: