Sunday 19 October 2008

Selling the Same Story

ones that want to play FM09 as Man United and win everything are NEVER going to like FM Live anyway.
I know I do bang on about things but on the 18th March I said the game needs a deeper pyramid structure. The eventual game model I have in mind is a simple one top teams gets £350k a day bottom teams £20k a day at least HALF of which comes from the FA’s league.

Get promoted massive boost in income, I think they’ve underestimated how many players would actually enjoy playing from the bottom. The thing is the ones that want to play FM09 as Man United and win everything are NEVER going to like FM Live anyway.

One problem, I know how I’d implement this in a mature gameworld I’d offer free opening months to users and run 2000 user Gameworlds. It’s an easy sell keeps established users busy and offers a demo of the game. The problem is how do you start an empty gameworld.

I think I’d look at allowing established managers from other Gameworlds to start as a 3 star club and just move forward from there. With the bulk of the money coming from being in the premiership / UFFA games by season two the staus quo would then be set.

So what problems would this solve, well for one, progression, it moves away from Fantasy Football and becomes more FM like. It creates proper levels with in the game so 2000 users can compete against each on their own level so will be winning more. Finally it makes it more like football!

Currently in the game nothing really matters so you get relegated from the Premiership of your FA the difference that is going to make to your income is next to nothing. Where is the drama of that killer deadly important game!

Managers will always leave even from the top and that leaves doors open for the newcomers to move up it may be slow or fast depends how good you are.

Finally to get rid of the ‘nothing to do’ the seasons should be a lot shorter.

No comments: