Friday 3 October 2008

FM Live - Lack of Depth


I’ve seen this criticism levelled at FM Live recently so I thought I do a ‘hands on’.

I really dropped a few clangers at the start of this gameworld. At least four players I could have got the same calibre of player for less daily wage, my guess is around £20k a day and in the early days of a gameworld this is a lot of money.

Then chucking bids in left right and centre I missed out on virtually every player I wanted to sign. However I did manage to grab two good players on relatively cheap wages, namely Balzoretti and Kabore.

As you can see Balzoretti is a wing back and I was playing a 4-4-2, as a left back he’s great but for the money he wasn’t in the game much. So do a I try to trade him for someone else?

Also my midfield was already very strong and although Kabore can play on the win he’s not really a winger.


The obvious solution was to move to a 5-3-2, after a few games it was ok but it wasn’t really happening. The very first thing I noticed that Wellington as the central of the three DC’s was useless, switching him with Braafheld was much better, made sense really as Braafheld is the senior guy.


Having joined the gameworld without any tactics skills I really wanted to turn Balzoretti into forward runs / runs with ball but this isn’t an option without the skills. Another issue is Jorge, nice player an AMC really and a flair player but not one for central midfield.

So eventually 532 Version 2:-



This seems to work ok, it’s hard to break down and good going forward. In FM Live you need a lot of games to know if something is working and then you have to consider is it really working or have we got good form or the other team bad form and vice versa.

Finally another consideration at the moment is a Wing Back Right, Fabio on trial is great going forward but a total liability defensively. Again much consideration on the players available to buy which I haven’t seen any etc but you have to keep your eyes open.

So there you go that’s one squad normally in a game I have five teams Senior U21 U19 U18 U17.

One thing I’ve noticed of late is that I think we’re over ranked (112th and low rep players) but I’m yet to experience the horrendous runs of form of GW6. I wonder if Si have tweaked this just a little bit.

No comments: