Monday 13 October 2008

The Shuffle

As I’ve done before I decided to shuffle the deck a little at the end of this season. With us hovering mid table and bouncing between 100th and 200th in the rankings it was a case of what’s the worst that can happen. So we were not going to be damaging any title / promotion aspirations so went a bit early.

I never really liked 5-3-2 it’s boring and the one player that caused the 5-3-2 formation was Balzaretti, even then he’s wasn’t playing as Wing Back Left but Wing Back Right due to Rau not being able to occupy that role.

He’s a great player no doubt about it but on the right he tends to cut in where on the left he’s more likely to play the winger role. Not high rep either despite his £350k Aq Fee.

Jorge an AMC frustrated me as well, a typical AMC often brilliant and often rubbish with Bostock and Kabore also able to play that role he was going as well.

Katongo was one of my early mistakes, not that he’s a bad player, as he does add a lot to the team but not in an early gameworld where every last penny should be going into saving for players who are free agents, his £5k wage could have been spent better elsewhere.

All told nearly £2m transfer fund. Now logic told me to get a striker and an AMR, maybe also look to get rid of Appiah, thing is with football logic often goes out of the window and somehow I managed to talk myself into making a bid for Bentender.

I hoping someone comes in to top the bid as he’s not the right player at all and with wage auctions round the corner I could get much better value. If it does go through I think the effect will be that we’ll win games 3-0 and lose games 3-0 before it would have 1-0 / 1-0.

The kids now have broken into the youth top 10, whoop and we’ve made the final of the XEFA U21 Cup so we’re at least runners up in one FA trophy.

No comments: