Sunday 5 October 2008

1-0 to the Jakswans 1-0 to the Jaaakswannnns 1-0….

Actually results have changed somewhat since then but we did pick up a couple of good wins 1-0 in the KOTM tourney. We slipped out of the Gameworld cup to Jordon Coopers Get Sacked FC, a team ranked 24th (ish), an extra time goal and it could have gone either way.

Then we had a minor bad run going down 2-0 to a team at the foot of the XEFA League table it didn’t worry me too much as it was just one of those games. Then we lost again 3-2 but we were 2-0 down so some spirit shown there.

I got to thinking the two 1-0 wins Wendell was injured and Katongo was playing. So I decided to start with him for the next league game, a 5-0 win away from home to team that were 6th sure stopped me in my tracks.

The youth team is going ok effectively it’s an Under19 side so it sometimes gets pushed about. One DC though was really costing us and a horrendous performance in a game we were winning 3-0 and lost due to his silly mistakes and my patience with him was over. Hlanze was duly listed in auction £1 starting bid.

In his defence he is only 18 but when a young 16 year old does the same job it does not bode well for a guy two years his senior. I should have a complete Under17 squad by tonight.

No comments: