Tuesday 28 October 2008

Future of the Beta Worlds

I put an Under 17 team in a senior ranked tourny and they duly got slapped, rank then 200. Coming off this though we did back to back games against African Chiefs, currently 2nd in Championship and ranked 36th overall and duly came away with the six points.

It was 1-1 away from home until Cedric sliced a perfect pass to Bendtner in the 93rd minute.

I suppose now speculation turns to the Beta worlds ending. I don't know anything so this is why I'm speculating. Whilst we have 1.0.1 on the way it seems to me that you'd have to have a good few betaworlds ready to receive it.

I mean you wouldn't want to call it complete and then slap it on top of a Live gameworld in the hope that patching an existing gameworld would work. There is also a danger that a bug occurs say in season 6 which you won't know about until you get there, so a betaworld that leads live gameworlds by a few seasons would make sense.

So I suspect in some way a few Betaworlds will continue to exist after the first gameworld goes live. We'll have to see. I also think it's odd the forums are not filled with hundreds of users from countries that can't get the game, so they must have told something that makes them happy.

The other big issue is keeping gameworlds full of active users. To be fair to SI despite all their problems their appetite to not only get the game off the ground, but to continue to tweak at it with some of the best game designers around, well the appetite just doesn't seem to fade. So you have to have confidence in them even if I'm out of non radical ideas to solve it.

No comments: