Monday 28 December 2009

The Wonderful Match Engine

Normally I'm moaning about something or another but the reason I'm still chugging away is down to the database and match engine. I'm no tactical expert but the players seem to have a character that is in excess of their stats.

Never more was this demonstrated the other night pretty much coasting to a 3-1 win I look at my player mentality's and one player is 'looking complacent'.



I took him off, now is he looking complacent from any stat on the screen? Is it because he's young or his ability is so high that he's over confident or is just built that way? I suspect it's his age I don't know that for certain but I think it's that. That's what makes the match engine and database so good it simply isn't case of looking at a set of stats and game over.

I bring on one of my value players who I know at 31 will be mentally strong and give 100%, we carry on to win 4-1. Complacency can spread like a disease in a game!

Oddly enough I went to watch the Swans today and we get a player sent off after 16 mins, duff ref (was using more colourful four letter words at the time :) ) a few minutes later and Joe Allen commits a shocking foul, he's a great player Joe Allen but he's too young, the Swans manager took him he knew his head was gone. Swans held on to draw 0-0.

1 comment:

T-Bag said...

It was probably just because anyone averaging <7 goes complacent if you are winning by more than a goal.