Sunday 27 December 2009

Happy Thoughts

Had a great Christmas, my 6yo daughter it's magical. Watched one of those films you forget about and yet it's amazing, if your in business or into IT at all, Pirates of Silicon Valley, one of those films I've watched it's been open mouthed through the entire film. If you wrote a book you wouldn't believe it.

Anyway to FM Live only Miller these days....

I suppose in a way Miller is more interesting than Shearer as the shortage of players has forced me to use some 'value' players. I mean the Shearer team pretty much picked itself in the end. So I'm often left not really knowing who I should play some of time.

GK Sommer - Very solid at 33 still showing some green and no major wrries about the age kicking in this season.
DR - Curbelo Owned him man & boy pretty solid nothing too fancy. Got his chance 3/4 seasons back as I couldn't secure a megastar.
DC - Sidnei got him fairly cheap at 30yo's very solid DC in his final season
DC - Congia Has the touch of wonderkid about not so much in that he's amazing ability or potential but that he plays like a man despite being a boy.
DL - Simon triple A player
MR - Ismodes play a low ranked team and he's not too bothered but when it really matters makes an impact.
ML - Traore at 32 has a seasons left (kind leave all outfield players go at 32 now) fantastic winger.
MC - Hansen well the market is inflated in Miller at 22 world famous looks dam fine despite the kind of low Aq Fee, so clearly hidden stats are dreamy. Still £1.8m not cheap but 22 so.
MC - Fornasari Not quite triple A but cheap wage auction signing.
FC - Esquerinha Great stats can be a little lazy but had him for 12 seasons!
FC - Welbeck a flair player, at times breathtaking, others frustrating should revel in the players around him.

Strange team in many ways recently has risen to 1st in rankings after an amazing run in the NFA Pre Season Cup (played 8 w7 D1 L0, conceded 1 goal!). I don't expect that to last but I'm hoping we can stay well away from relegation. Last season in the ladder we did 2nd / 1st / 2nd / 2nd.

I'm going to try and stay upbeat from now on, I do disagree with the way some things are done but I'll say me piece and leave it at that. I don't think they want beta testers who just sit back and say everything is wonderful and whilst I might be many things I'm not a 'yes man'.

2 comments:

Rik said...

Happy Xmas Jak :

Anonymous said...

the movie is based off a book, fire in the valley.